That is right. Today is the day where everyone says, “Happy Birthday” to you on social media. But it is much more than that. It is the start of my new year. Today I was brought onto this planet and not without great pain. Dr. Olson and Dr. Dehlin both celebrated my day by having a doctor’s appointment showing me the x-rays of my birth. I was trapped sideways in the birth canal and finally was released at 10:40 p.m. Back in 1970, I could have died. We didn’t have the greatest of medical care then. We are so far more advanced today than in 1970. I really started to think today. I sat here all day working on stuff and no cake, no ice cream, no party because at 47 everyone is already sick of throwing you one. So I sat here in silence, writing, reflecting, and wishing. Mostly, I wished I could have a bloody piece of cake, a doughnut, or even a damn cupcake! But that is not what is really important. What is important, some people remembered without facebook ever telling them.
Anyway, I decided I would share my birthday wish with everyone this year. Although every year is usually the same. I wish every year to win the powerball and live on triple digit millions.
Making wishes on my birthday
Every year we all make wishes on our birthday and never tell a soul in fear they won’t come true. This year, I am going to tell you all my secret wishes since keeping them to myself every year hasn’t made them grow into reality.
Here is my wish in abundance for the next year of my life.
- I wish for peace to spread across this planet like a wildfire in June.
- I wish for everyone to find that one person to love for all eternity.
- I wish for all animals everywhere to be respected and love for the beautiful souls they are. For they too are on a path up the mountain and are learning their lessons to move on.
- I wish for abundance for all.
- I wish everyone wins the lottery at least once in their lifetime.
- I wish for everyone to be happy.
- I wish for all ailments to be cured.
- I wish for coffee to become our source of income.
- I wish for our waters to be clean.
- I wish for inflation to go down.
- I wish for .15 cent hamburgers.
- I wish for everyone, everywhere to have their own home. Their own stable place where they can always come back to.
- I wish for all politicians to grow a brain.
- I wish for medicine to advance to the point where a human being can regrow anything. This of course will make bald men everywhere highly excited.
- I wish for luck.
- I wish for all the dead to come back at least once a year to discuss stuff we all need reminding of.
- I wish for joy.
- I wish humans would become less of the predators and more of the caretakers.
- I wish for trees
- I wish the bees had more respect.
- I wish we all had land to farm.
- I wish for hippies giving out flowers again.
- I wish for more volunteers.
- I wish for more smiles.
- I wish for more laughter.
- I wish for more people gathering together at coffee shops filling their day with brightness.
- I wish for more sunshine.
- I wish for more family time.
- I wish time would slow the hell down.
- I wish my parents would get along.
- I wish everyone would practice forgiveness.
- I wish I had a jet to fly to other countries for coffee and pie.
- I wish for extinct animals to come back
- I wish for chocolate
- I wish I had the funds to travel more.
- I wish there was a computer glitch and I have millions in the bank.
- I wish I had a time machine.
- I wish we had free electricity
- I wish we didn’t have to use gas in a car.
- I wish you all knew how beautiful you are.
- I wish for the end of abuse
- I wish for the end of hatred
- I wish everyone just got along
- I wish Donald Trump was as funny as George Bush Jr.
- I wish I could save the whole world from itself.
- I wish you all have a chance to examine your life and make it better for yourself. There is nothing wrong with self-love. There is nothing wrong with wanting better.
Which leads me to number 47, the number I am today. This is the biggest wish ever. Most of all, I wish all my friends and family, the best life you could ever have! Remember, you are not promised a tomorrow so make the most of today.
Just remember, I can go on and on with wishes you know. I do them daily. I wish I had a maid, I wish I had a brand new car, I wish I had a doughnut, I wish I had more coffee, I wish I had more money. And on and on the wishes go!